The policies and guidelines expressed herein supplement the rights and obligations of the parties under the Service Agreement of even date. This document establishes operating principles and acceptable use policies as they relate to the Customers use of the Internet and the connection/services provided by WAASI to the Customer under the Hosting Agreement.
The Internet is a voluntary association of users interested in and willing to exchange information and data with other Internet users. At present there is no oversight group providing governance over the principles, policies or procedures for use of the Internet or the information and data accessed via the Internet.
In order to facilitate their contractual relationship the Customer and WAASI wish to define a working protocol of principles and policies and establish operating guidelines and acceptable standards of use of the Internet.
To this end the parties agree as follows:
PRINCIPLES GOVERNING ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE INTERNET BY THE CUSTOMER
Responsibility and Respect – The Internet is a network intended for use by mature, adult users. The Customer recognizes this principle and undertakes at all times to act with respect, courtesy and responsibility, giving due regard to the interests and rights of other Internet user groups. This general guideline carries with it the following specific responsibilities:
- Knowledge of the Internet – the Customer agrees to obtain a basic knowledge of the Internet and its operating principles and procedures.
- Improper Uses – the Customer will avoid violation of certain generally-accepted guidelines on Internet usage such as restrictions on mass advertisements, pirating or copying of software, mail bombing, ping flooding or other methods of attempting to deny service or access to other users, and attempts to violate security.
- Compliance with Laws – the Customer will ensure that its use of the Internet complies with all applicable federal, state and local law and regulation, including but not limited to those principles of law which protect against compromise of copyrights, trade secrets, proprietary information and other intellectual property rights, libel or defamation of character, invasion of privacy, tortious interference, and export of technical or military data to prohibited countries.
- Validation of Information – the Customer is responsible for validating the integrity of the information and data it receives or transmits over the Internet.
- Security – the Customer is required to protect the security of its Internet account and usage. The Customer will treat his/her/their password as private and confidential and not disclosed to or shared with any third parties.
- Discretion and Judgment – the Customer is expected to use discretion in the treatment and handling of Internet information and data and to take particular care to insure that adult information is not transmitted to juvenile users of the Internet.
- Pornography – We adhere to U.S. laws and regulations regarding adult-related material being distributed to minors. WAASI site hosting is designed for legitimate business use.
- Excessive CPU usage – the Customer will not be allowed to use excessive amounts of CPU processing on any of our servers or they will face immediate suspension. This can occur from poorly written scripts or programs. Or in a case where the Customer really needs a dedicated server.
- Resale of services – the Customer may NOT resell web space within their own shared hosting account. Customer may NOT resell mail services including, but not limited to mail forwarding capabilities, POP accounts and auto responders. Customer may NOT at any time resell access to, or use of, WAASI’s pre-installed scripts as well as any custom or personally owned scripts for use by a third party while installed on the web server.
- Spamming in any form is strictly prohibited . The Customer may send marketing emails to their customers who they have already done business with or that have specifically signed up on the Customer’s website to be added to their list. If an email address is submitted for inclusion to Customer’s list, the list software must send out a confirmation email to the address submitted to make sure that the submission was not added by a third party maliciously. Customer may be required to prove that the person signed up in case of complaints. There must be an automated system in place that provides a link in each and every email where the user can remove themselves from Customer’s list immediately and automatically without any action from you. You MAY NOT use email lists that you purchased, was given to you or was acquired from any third party in any manner. Customer may not send massive volumes of email to anyone. Customer may not send marketing emails for any other third party, or for any product or service that you don’t directly handle. Spam complaints are vigorously investigated and any violation will result in immediate termination of services.
- Testing of software applications – Production Web servers are no place to test Customer’s “home grown” software applications to see if they work correctly. What your application does can effect every site on the server. Your scripts and programs should be fully tested on a non-production server first before they are placed on your site. We have a responsibility to provide stable service to all customers. Any account that is found to have any out of control running processes will have those processes terminated and the account will be disabled without notice.